Wednesday, February 6, 2013

*UPDATE: Touch Math Poster and number line with number counters **Limited Time Freebie

So...I have been unemployed for about a month now and as the habitual person that I am, I have already gotten into quite the routine already. I am not saying that my routine is a healthy one...I will admit there have more showerless days than I'd care to admit! However, I have gotten a lot done in terms of organizing and creating around the house and for "my future class."

One of my routines includes my daily visits to my most liked websites...ya know the usual suspects- pinterest, honest toddler, the news sites, and of course a lil' blog stalking! :)

Anyway, this morning I came across a pin from a teaching friend of mine and it reminded me of a poster and desk minis I wanted to make a while back when she first gave something similar to one of our little friends when she needed math help.
Desk-sized touch math number lines



So today...in between seeing Silver Lining's Playbook, which was heart-wrenching and wonderful by the way... I made this Touch Math Poster.  If you're not familiar with Touch Math visit their website for more details. Basically it helps students who are struggling with mental math, giving them physical numerical representations within each number.
Poster-sized reference poster- Touch Math 




I am running my freebie deal again...so the first 12 people to repin this post on pinterest and to comment on this post will get a PDF of this colorful poster and the number lines for FREE!

Happy Teaching!



12 comments:

  1. I am going to use touch math help my kinders with addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! What is your email address... I will send the posters and number lines right over to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying touch math with my grade 2's that are struggling with addition. I can't believe the success! Only wish I would have discovered it earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Some of my 3rd graders were using touch math as a supplement, I only wish our building had discovered it earlier. Reply back with your email address and I'll get these posters over to you...I made some larger versions yesterday so I'll send those as well! :)

      Delete
    2. You are wonderful! Thank you for sharing your hard work! keavy625@hotmail.com

      Delete
    3. Hi Stacey! No problem...and I actually changed my mind this morning and made all the touch math posters I have made FREEBIES on teachers pay teachers.

      Below is the link! Hope you find these useful! :)

      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Touch-Math-posters-number-lines-and-math-wall-printables-with-number-counters#

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much for that. My friends are extremely happy!

      Delete
    5. My daughters teachers are using touch math in the classroom. It is awesome. It is even helping me with my math skills for college algebra. Thank you so much for these. They are great focus factors.

      Delete
  4. I remember using this system back when I was in elementary so now that my kindergartner is struggling with math I thought it would help him and his class if they had these taped to the tops of their desks like we did back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great for getting kids to learn correct number formation and stop reversals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my email is sstringer@prn.bc.ca

      Delete
  6. Yes, please. This would help greatly!
    jenkinam@u4sd.org

    ReplyDelete